Wednesday 5 June 2013

Interacting with the Cambodian children

This is the second time the team interacted with the Cambodian children. In the classroom, instead of teaching them the alphabet, the team spoke to the students in simple Khmer. The team then played simple outdoor games with them. Having seen us for a few days, they became familiar and were not shy to play.

The classroom is almost completed. We just need to install all the window grilles, paint the interior walls, complete the mural and clear up the external area.

The sun was out in full force today, and a few of us were sun-burnt. It rained when we left the school and it is drizzling now. Hope this pattern of only raining in the evenings continue, so that our programme could continue uninterrupted.

"It was a really brand new experience living in Cambodia. I have reflected a lot myself. I am so fortunate to be living in Singapore. I have been taking things for granted and did not appreciate what I have. The Cambodian children are living in such poor condition, yet they are so positive minded. I must learn from them." Teo Hui Min

"I think the most significant event so far is the good progress of our project at Chuop Primary School. We have done a lot in the short few days we were here." Michael





















No comments:

Post a Comment